Cheese Toast is a recurring joke that pops up in the Game form time to time. Some times a Tip pops up saying not to eat too much Cheese Toast as it will make you fat! The Town Clerk also makes reference to Cheese Toast when you apply for a Title or for Office.
Every Culture in the game has some form of Cheese Toast and these make an excellent snack while playing The Guild 2.
Note: These are no way a definitive recipes. There are many different regional and personal recipes.
Welsh Rabbit (Some times known as Rarebit)Edit
Ingredients for the Toast:
- 6 slices thick bread
- 6 Tablespoons of Red wine
Ingredients for the Cheese Topping:
- 1 1/2 lbs grated good quality mature cheddar cheese
- 6 fluid ounces cream or 6 fluid ounces milk or 6 fluid ounces ale
- 3/4 teaspoon English mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Add the cheese to a double boiler, bain Marie or a bowl over a pan of boiling water on a low heat.
- While Cheese is melting lightly toast the bread. Once the bread is toasted, butter and add a Tablespoon of red wine over to top of each slice (Especially the edges).
- When the cheese is melted, gradually add the rest of the Topping ingredients, keep stirring the mixture until Smooth and ensure that it dose not burn!
- Once completely mixed spoon the topping over the toast and spread evenly.
- Place the cheese topped toast under a hot grill until the topping is bubbling and goes golden brown in places.
- Remove toast and serve with Pickles, Chutneys, relishes or other condiments, (Cranbury sauce can be a very good accompaniment).
- Sit at computer load up The Guild 2 and enjoy the game with your feast of English Cheese Toast.
- Optional: For added flair and to make a Welsh Rabbit ENGLAND! Add a fried egg on top.